- Cables - Mogami
- Computer Audio Hardware
- HHB Recording Media
- iPad/iPhone Accessories
- Microphone Accessories
- Network (IP) Audio + Video
- Portable Recorders
- Studio Furniture and Accessories
- Video Production
Studio Furniture and Accessories - Furniture
ZOOM Zoom H2N Portable Recorder
H2n Handy Recorder
The H2n Handy Recorder is the only portable recording device to come with five built-in microphones and four different recording modes: X/Y, Mid-Side, 2-channel surround and 4-channel surround. Other advanced features include automatic gain control and onboard MS decoding, plus effects like compression, limiting and low cut filtering. You can even use the H2n as a multi-purpose USB microphone!
With its multiple microphones and recording modes, the H2n can handle just about every kind of application. Here are just a few ways it can be used:
- Live recording of concerts and rehearsals, in either stereo or surround sound
- Location videography—the H2n gives you plenty of options in postproduction
- Creating audio for YouTube videos
- Generating lasting audio documents of important events
- As a USB microphone providing input to recording software
The H2n offers not one, not two, but five built-in microphones. Two of them are arranged as an X/Y pair, while the other three are configured in an MS ("Mid-Side") pattern. They can be used separately for X/Y or MS stereo recording, or combined to create stunning 2- or 4-channel surround sound.
Mid-Side recording is an incredible technique that allows you to actually adjust the width of the stereo image after it has been recorded, while maintaining perfect mono compatibility, making it especially useful for film, video and television projects.
The X/Y technique provides a great way to cover a wide area while still capturing sound sources in the center with clarity and definition, making it perfect for all types of live stereo recording.
The H2n's built-in X/Y microphone provides two matched unidirectional microphones set at a 90 degree angle relative to one another, optimum for most stereo recording applications.
The H2n allows you to combine the signals from both the X/Y and MS microphones in order to create surround sound recordings of everything you hear—not just those sounds coming from in front of you, but from all directions.
Use 2ch mode to create a single stereo file of the combined mics, or 4ch mode to record the signal from the H2n's X/Y mics onto one stereo track and signal from the MS mics onto another. The resulting pair of tracks can then be routed to separate speakers for an immersive listening experience or can be blended into a custom stereo track. In addition, the H2n's MS decoding feature can be used to independently alter the level of the Side signal in both 2ch and 4ch modes.
The Zoom H2n is the only handheld recorder that captures four-channel surround sound audio. With Firmware v 2.00, it’s perfect for the creation of 360-degree “Spatial Audio” files, the next-generation surround sound format native to the google JUMP Virtual Reality Platform.
Using “Spatial Audio” mode, you can create a single four-channel, multi-track WAV file that includes Omni, Left/Right, and Forward/Backward tracks. This Spatial Audio
file is then ready to be combined with 360-degree VR videos recorded with the google JUMP compatible camera rig (such as the GoPro Odyssey or Ricoh Theta). Once completed, the immersive videos are ready to upload to YouTube.
The H2n Line In is a stereo ⅛" mini phone jack that can accept two channels of mic- and/or line-level signals. Condenser microphones requiring Plug-In Power (2.5 volts) can be connected to this jack. An analog-type Mic Gain dial allows you to manually set input level, or you can choose one of the three Auto Gain presets to automatically set the optimum recording level.
The H2n Line Out is a stereo ⅛" phone jack with dedicated volume control. Headphones can be connected to this jack for private monitoring of the input or recorded signal. There's also a built-in speaker on the back panel for fast monophonic monitoring of the recorded signal without the need to make any connections.
The H2n USB port provides a digital output of the stereo mix and allows data to be sent to and from your computer. From there, it can be imported into editing software such as the supplied WaveLab LE. USB also enables the H2n to be used as a 2-in/2-out audio interface or as a USB microphone.
Features at a glance
- Five built-in microphones and four recording modes: Mid-Side (MS) stereo, 90° X/Y stereo, and both 2-channel and 4-channel surround
- Analog-type input gain control
- Auto Gain provides three preset recording levels
- Stereo ⅛" Mic/Line In mini phone jack with Plug-in power (2.5V)
- Stereo ⅛" Phone/Line Output jack with dedicated volume control
- Built-in reference speaker for fast monitoring
- Large 1.8 inch backlit LCD display
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Auto-record and Pre-record features
- WAV to MP3 conversion
- Internal mixdown: four-track surround to stereo
- Up to 99 marks per recording
- Built-in effects, including compression/limiting and low-cut filtering
- Onboard MS decoding
- Normalize and Divide functions
- Chromatic tuner and metronome
- Loop playback with user-defined start and stop points
- Variable playback speed, from 50% to 150% for phrase training
- Variable pitch without affecting playback speed
- USB port for data exchange to and from computer and use as a USB microphone
- 2-in/2-out USB audio interface for PC/Mac computers
- SD card reader function
- Data recovery function automatically saves data if power fails or card is removed
- Mounts directly to tripod or DSLR
- Runs on only 2 standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries, or AC adapter (AD-17, USB to AC type)
- Over 20 hours of operation with 2 AA alkaline batteries
RRP £120.83 Ex VAT
£120.83 Ex VAT
HHB Communications Ltd. has supplied the University of Surrey, home of the world renowned Tonmeister course with a Studer Vista 1 console.
HHB Communications has been appointed UK & Ireland distributor of Southern-Germany based software developers NLA.