Warehouse & Logistics Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading and highly respected pro audio technology distributor. Based in Sunbeam Road NW10 6JP, London, Source Distribution – a branch of HHB Communications Ltd. – is looking for a Warehouse & Logistics Manager to oversee the management of a busy 10,000 square foot warehouse facility.
This is a recently redefined role in which you will be responsible for overall management of the warehouse and warehouse team and the smooth processing of incoming and outgoing stock. A key aspect of the role will be to develop good relationships across the business and to define and implement new or amended processes and procedures to improve operational efficiency, accuracy and throughput.
Our ideal candidate will be a highly experienced and self-motivated individual with a proven track record in Warehouse & Logistics Management, and excellent skills in leadership, organisation, planning, team management and communication.
Role & Responsibility
- Identify and implement operational efficiency improvements within the warehouse and in the interactions between the warehouse and other departments.
- Develop relationships and liaise with internal stakeholders, such as Source Sales & Marketing, (and its Director), Order Fulfilment, Shipping & Exports, Brand Management, Amazon Coordination, HHB Operations, and Purchasing teams.
- Confidently liaise and negotiate with external suppliers and transport companies to optimise the flow and management of goods-in and goods-out.
- Project manage routine (rolling) stock takes and annual stock takes with subsequent reporting of anomalies, issues and resolutions to senior management.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Previous Warehouse & Logistics management experience and strong leadership skills to strategically plan, direct and manage the warehouse team.
- A good grounding in Logistics and experience in managing multiple busy warehouse environments, including facilities and security management of warehouse premises, and implementation of international standards frameworks such as Information Security Management and Business Continuity.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, problem solving, and communication skills to deal effectively with all levels of management within the company and with customers, suppliers, dealers and shipping/delivery companies.
- Understanding of and adherence to Health & Safety protocols and particular experience of manual handling guidance within a warehouse setting.
- A dynamic, energetic individual who can work under pressure and lead from the front whilst also adopting a hands-on “get the job done” approach whenever required.
- Ability to rapidly assimilate a comprehensive knowledge of the products we sell to enable constructive input to stock meetings, procurement planning activities and to manage stock takes.
- Forklift License for counter-balance truck and a full, clean, manual, UK driving license would be beneficial.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary based upon their skills and experience and an attractive package of benefits including private healthcare, life assurance and company pension after a qualifying period.
HHB Communications Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
Please forward your current CV along with a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be a good fit for the role to [email protected]. Application data will be held on file for a period of one year.