NTP Penta 721s
Modular Audio Router & Interface
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
PENTA 721S Modular Audio Router & Interface with 1 Expansion Slot
Penta 721s is a modular MADI, AES and DANTE router with one slot for an optional expansion card, which provides a versatile and flexible solution for signal distribution and audio routing via AES/EBU, MADI, as well as routing via IP Gigabit Ethernet and optical fibre networks. The expansion slot can be installed with any of the available Penta expansion cards.
Penta 721s is a compact 1U digital audio interface that comes with eight AES/EBU input/output channels, MADI, Dante IP Audio Ethernet in/outs and Pro|Mon as standard, as well as an optional mini-module slot with dual SFP MADI optical in/out connection.
With Penta 721s you can route to and from any of the digital interfaces on the unit. Further, one optional Penta expansion card can be installed in the unit to hold additional Dante, MADI or AES connections. It can also add analogue inputs or outputs., SDI or Delay processing to the package.
- 64 Dante IP audio I/O channels
- Support for AES67 with SAP
- Routing of single channels
- 8 AES/EBU I/O and 1 BNC MADI I/O
- Optional Mini module with 2 MADI I/O via SFP
- Pro|Mon monitor control functionality
- IP audio L3 Ethernet I/O powered by Dante
- TCP/IP control via DADman software, Penta 615 control panels panels or the NTP RCCore control system
- One slot for Penta expansion cards 8 AES/EBU I/O and 1-3 MADI I/O
- Flexible patching and routing of digital and analogue audio signals providing
- Stand alone IP audio interface and format converter
- Low latency, tightly synchronised, transport of uncompressed audio over IP networks using off the shelf switches
- Compact solution with redundant power supply
- Interface for NTP TDM router systems
Penta 721s can be installed with one of the Penta expansion cards. Included in the configurations is always 64 ch. Dante I/O, 8 AES/EBU I/O, MADI I/O, AES11 sync input, Word Clock I/O and Dual Power supply.
Penta 721s has 1 large user-configurable slot for one of the seven optional I/O cards, including a 128-channel Dante interface. Further, there is a slot for the optional Dual MADI Module labelled Optical I/O, and as standard it includes a Dante/AES67 Interface using the two Ethernet ports on the rear.
In addition to the digital interfaces provided on the base unit, the large slot can be configured with any one of the seven available analogue or digital cards.
Available expansion cards
- 8 ch. analogue pristine line input card
- 8 ch. analogue pristine microphone input card
- 8 ch. analogue pristine output card
- Dual 3G SDI embedder/de-embedder card w. SRC (equal to 721s-SDI configuration)
- Dual MADI I/O card w. SRC on input
- 8 Line AES/EBU I/O card w. SRC on input
- 128 ch. Dante I/O card w. SRC (equal to 721s-DNT configuration)
- 128 ch delay and EQ card
Penta 721s includes a 512×512 multiplexer, enabling all Dante audio and digital inputs and outputs to be routed in any combination. This enables the unit to also split signals for advanced signal distribution.
The multiplexer can be used to establish the static connections of the signal inputs and outputs. A 256×32 channel summing mixer is also available as a part of the matrix.
Penta 721s is controlled via one or two Ethernet ports and the operation is done by using the DADman control software application or a Penta 615 Control panel. In larger router systems control can be made via the NTP RCCore Router control application.
IP Audio Powered by Dante
The PENTA 720 IP Audio protocol is based on the robust tried-and-tested Dante™ digital audio networktechnology, and will interoperate with products of other brands that comply with Dante. The Dante IP Audio format provides fast, flexible, andeconomical audio routing via IP and is compatible with NTP PENTA 721 Digital I/O and other Dante devices.
The IP Audio routing provides Low latency, tightly synchronised, transport of uncompressed audio over Gigabit IP Ethernet Layer 3 networks using off the shelf switches, and routers for audio routing via one or more sub-nets. A total of 512 channels can be routed on a 1 Gigabit network, and more if the network capacity is higher.