PTP Grandmaster with GPS
£8,189.00 Price excludes VAT
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
DXD-16 Universal Clock
A PTP Grandmaster, GPS capable, merged with a precision Reference Generator
The DXD series from Brainstorm is designed to ease the transition to IP. The precision multiformat reference generator generates up to 4 independent video syncs and audio clocks simultaneously. DXD-16 Universal Clock combines PTP, GPS and legacy Sync to keep traditional Audio/ Video equipment and the IP network in perfect sync, making the DXD truly Universal
- 4 independent Ethernet ports
- PTP Grandmaster, Slave or Boundary Clock
- Supports PTP v2, PTP v1 (Dante) and gPTP (AVB)
- Synchronizes to a PTP network, a legacy reference or GPS
- 6 separate reference generators
- Each can generate WC, AES, VID Sync or 10MHz
- 16 BNC outputs for generated references (user-defined)
- 2 BNC inputs for external references with failover
- NTP Server
- NTP Client
- Generates TOD Time Code (option)
- Remote control via web browser
- Available options: GPS receiver, OCXO, Time Code & PS9 external redundant power supply
IEEE 1588 Network Sync
The PTP module supports PTP v2, PTP v1 (Dante) and gPTP (AVB). The DXD-16 can be either a PTP Grandmaster, slave or Boundary Clock. Precision Time Protocol (PTP) has been broadly adopted as the network synchronizing standard, which means that the DXD-16 can work in a number of systems. Several PTP profiles are included: AES67, SMPTE 2059 and gPTP.
As a Boundary Clock, the DXD-16 can follow an external Grandmaster on one of its attached networks, synchronize its internal clocks to that Grandmaster, and distribute the same Grandmaster time in its role as PTP master to the remaining attached networks. Alternatively it can itself fulfill the function of Grandmaster and be PTP master on all attached networks.
Four Gigabit Ethernet ports (RJ45) are available. The different ports can be used independently or as primary and secondary pairs. Each network connector supports an electrically and logically independent network, with the DXD-16 acting as a PTP timing bridge. The DXD-16 is not a network switch, and for security reasons, no information flows from any network port to any other.
Customize Your Units with User-Assignable BNC Outputs
The DXD-16 generates up to 6 independent sync signals simultaneously and routes them to the 16 BNC outputs. These user-definable outputs offer great flexibility compared to dedicated outputs as they can be configured for any of the generated references, video or audio. This includes all standard SD and HD video sync formats (Black Burst and HD tri-level sync), word clock and AES-3id (at rates from 32 to 384 KHz, plus all the necessary pull-up/down, including 24:25 conversions, even VSO) and 10MHz. With the time code option installed, LTC is also included
Accurate and Versatile Clock Generator
A high-accuracy internal crystal oscillator (TCXO) provides a very stable frequency reference (+/- 1ppm). An optional oven-controlled oscillator (OCXO) can be installed.
External legacy signals can also be used as reference, such as Word Clock, AES, Video Sync (SD & HD) or a 10MHz tone. The generated outputs have extremely low jitter. The output rates are independent from the reference rate which means that any rate can be generated from any reference such as 59.97 from 25FPS for example.
PTP Slave or Grandmaster
The DXD-16 can be a PTP slave or a PTP Grandmaster giving the operator exceptional flexibility:
- As a PTP slave, it can generate legacy sync so that the legacy equipment locks to the network;
- As a PTP master, it can lock to an external legacy sync source so that the network locks to the legacy equipment;
- As a stand-alone master, locked to its internal oscillator or GPS, it provides sync to the network via the PTP port and to the legacy equipment via the BNC outputs, simultaneously.