An exciting opportunity to join the UK’s leading supplier of professional audio technology to the world’s leading Broadcast, Recording, System Integrators, Post-Production companies and Education organisations.
Based in North West London, HHB Communications Ltd are looking for a Service Engineer to join a small team specialised engineers responsible for fixing pro-audio products that are sent into the Service Department for repair.
Our ideal candidate will be highly organised with excellent timekeeping, as well as being proactive, self-motivated and a good team player.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Accept service requests as prioritised by the Service Manager; provide an initial inspection and condition assessment; and provide quotes for repairs to non-warranty service items.
- Provide analysis, repairs and testing of service items such as monitor speakers, analogue synthesisers, mixing desks, audio interfaces, MIDI keyboards, effects units, microphones and other equipment.
- Order appropriate spare parts for repairs.
- Provide technical reference point for engineering questions and queries by customers.
- Liase with specific suppliers in conjunction with Service Manager and Brand Managers and provide technical support to customers.
- Flagging of common or epidemic faults in new or upgraded or modified products to enable suppliers/manufacturers to address these at source.
Our ideal candidate:
- Excellent knowledge and experience of electronics in general and pro-audio servicing. to degree level in electronics would be highly beneficial.
- Proven skills in technical analysis and resolution of pro-audio equipment faults. Exceptional problem solving, fault-finding and testing skills, experience with electronic test equipment: multi-meters, bench power supplies, oscilloscopes etc.
- Proven practical experience of component level repairs to electrical equipment, the ability to follow schematics, good soldering skills (including SMT boards).
- Sound knowledge of electronic pro audio equipment, powered/active speaker, synthesisers, audio workflows, MIDI, sequencing, recording, DAW’s and live sound.
- Understanding of synthesis, signal flow and architecture.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to deal effectively with customers, suppliers, colleagues and other HHB departments.
- Good skills in IT and the ability to drive the software systems used within the Service Department.
- Good knowledge and awareness of the products coming in for service and of the spare parts that we use and sell via the service department.
- Adaptable and a quick learner.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, remain professional and supportive to customers.
- Self-motivation and initiative to acquire new skills.
- Capable of following direction and working well within a team, but also independently.
- Well organised and methodical.
In return you will receive a competitive salary and an attractive package of benefits including private healthcare and company pension after a qualifying period.
HHB Communications Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
To Apply:Please forward your current CV along with a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be a good fit for the role to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is the 9th July 2019.
After visiting Scrub, talented UK DJ Nick Bridges picked up a pair of Genelec 8341s to outfit his new studio. We paid a visit to Nick in his studio to check out his set up and ask him a few questions; here is what we learned.
Looking towards the future HHB expands Sales and Marketing leadership team.