COMREX BRIC-Link III
A high-performance, low-cost, “nailed-up” IP audio codec
£1,660.00 Price excludes VAT
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
BRIC-Link III is a true codec, offering a full-duplex stereo encoder and decoder in each box. A jitter buffer manager is incorporated that automatically balances delay and stability, dynamically increasing and decreasing delay based on network performance. BRIC-link III offers a wide range of encoding algorithms including stereo and mono linear mode, FLAC modes, AAC/HE-AAC modes, Opus, G.722 and G.711.
BRIC-Link III features a new, more powerful processor for improved reliability. BRIC-Link III also features enhanced front panel indicators, including four buttons which will trigger contact closures by default and configurable for auto-connections to other Comrex IP audio codecs.
BRIC-Link III is compatible with all other Comrex IP audio codecs, including the ACCESS codec line as well as older BRIC-Link models. BRIC-Link III also works with Gagl, a new service now available for purchase for audio contribution. Gagl turns any Comrex IP audio codec into a hub for up to five remote participants.
Like other BRIC-Link codecs, BRIC-Link III includes CrossLock VPN technology, Comrex’s proprietary suite of reliability tools. In addition to bonding technology, CrossLock also includes a Redundancy Mode for mission-critical applications. BRIC-Link III can take advantage of HotSwap, meaning that users can set a 4G/5G modem as a backup connection to only be engaged when the primary internet fails, providing an extra layer of reliability.
Customers can also choose to purchase an optional one-time license per codec to utilize SwitchBoard, a private server that Comrex maintains which allows for easy connections between IP codecs.
BRIC-Link III features a user-friendly HTML-5 based interface. BRIC-Link III is also built with a compact chassis, so it’s easy to fit into a studio set-up. A dual rack kit accessory for housing two BRIC-Link III codecs side-by-side is available as an optional extra.
BRIC-Link III is built for multiple modes of operation, including BRIC-Link normal (UDP), HTTP (Streaming Server, Icecast/Shoutcast, Multistreaming), RTP, TCP, IP Multicast & EBU 3326/SIP mode for compatibility).
As with all Comrex products, firmware updates are included at no additional cost. Free technical support in English and Spanish is available during business hours. Each unit comes with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- CrossLock VPN Technology for ultra-reliable IP transmission
- Minimal delay over even marginal IP networks
- AAC, HE-AAC, HE-AACv2, Opus, Linear PCM, FLAC, G.722, G.711 encoders
- Cross-compatible with all ACCESS & BRIC-Link models
- Optional SwitchBoard for easy connections between codecs
- EBU 3326/SIP mode for compatibility with third-parties
- Compatible with new remote contribution service, Comrex Gagl
- HTML-based user interface for configuration & control
- Optional Fleet Commander license for controlling multiple Comrex IP audio codecs
- Compact half-rack chassis
- Ideal for studio-transmitter links & other mission-critical applications
- Top-notch technical support (English & Spanish)
- 100% designed & built in the USA