COMREX ACCESS NX Portable
Portable IP audio codec
£3,370.00 Price excludes VAT
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
ACCESS NX is an IP audio codec that’s made to go anywhere. Designed from the ground up as a platform for CrossLock, our sophisticated custom reliability layer, we’ve optimized ACCESS NX to send and receive high-quality audio over even the most marginal networks.
Whether you want to go live from the sidelines, do your talk show from the road, or find a codec that’s versatile enough to handle anything, ACCESS NX is designed with you in mind.
- AAC family and Opus encoders
- CrossLock for secure and stable broadcasting
- Switchboard for easier connectivity
- Two mic-line inputs
- Optional 4-channel mixer
- Two USB ports
- 5-inch capacitive touch screen
- Built-in Ethernet port
- Built-in battery – up to 6.5 hours of talk time (5 hours with mixer)
ACCESS NX offers several ways to get connected.
ACCESS NX comes with a Wi-Fi modem, along with an integrated Ethernet port for connecting to wired DSL or broadband cable. Plus, you can connect to 3G/4G networks using USB cellular or Comrex Connect modems. ACCESS NX also features an integrated web browser, to make it easy to log into public IP Wi-Fi.
Mix and match your networks! ACCESS NX can support simultaneous connections to Wi-Fi, wired internet, or cellular modems, so you can make use of every bit of connectivity available to you.
Still need to use POTS? ACCESS NX is compatible with a USB POTS/PSTN modem for use on legacy analog phone lines*.
The most advanced network management tool on the market today, CrossLock gives users the ability to use multiple IP networks together simultaneously. When a new network is introduced, Crosslock will immediately evaluate how much bandwidth is available, while factoring in latency and jitter information, and combine the two connections to take advantage of all available bandwidth.
More than just combining networks, CrossLock can also monitor and dynamically adjust how much of your stream is being placed on each network, in real time. When necessary, CrossLock can apply appropriate error correction, recovery, or concealment techniques. And when a network becomes unusable, CrossLock can isolate it, without any user intervention.
Equipped with a 5-inch capacitive touch screen, it’s simple to operate ACCESS NX in the field. Plus, with an improved user interface, ACCESS NX is designed to be even more user friendly than its predecessor. No need for a stylus! Plus, colorful LED VU meters provide a clear visual indicator of clipping.
Switchboard is a feature that allows users to bypass common IP networking snags (like private LANs and firewalls) by routing data through a private server maintained by Comrex.
Switchboard within the hardware codec enables the following functions:
- Comrex codecs can sync with a cloud based server and deliver status information
- Comrex codecs can determine their public IP address and the type of any NAT-style router ahead of the codec, and display that information to the user
- Comrex codecs can display presence, status, NAT info and IP addresses of other codecs within the same fleet
- Comrex codecs can share this information with codecs outside the fleet (Shares)
- Comrex codecs can take instruction from the server on how best to traverse NATs when placing a call between two codecs
Reduce the strain on your IT department and worry less on remote day. Switchboard makes it easier to log on to unfamiliar Wi-Fi networks, like those you might encounter in hotels, schools, and wherever else you might do a remote.
Switchboard is included in the purchase of any ACCESS codec.