COMREX ACCESS Multirack
A rackmount IP audio multi-codec, capable of five full-duplex IP audio codec connections
£4,390.00 Price excludes VAT
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
For users who need to run multiple IP codecs at once, Comrex has created ACCESS MultiRack. ACCESS MultiRack is equivalent to five codecs, contained within a sleek 1RU chassis.
ACCESS MultiRack is compatible with the entire family of Comrex IP audio codecs as well as the Comrex FieldTap smartphone app. ACCESS MultiRack features AES67-compatible I/O on all five codecs, along with AES3 and analog I/O on the first codec.
- Codec #1 has AES67, AES3 and Analog audio I/O
- Codecs #2-5 have AES67 I/O only
- Allows for multiple full-duplex connections to ACCESS, BRIC-Link or FieldTap remote units
- HTML5-based user interface
- Contact closure cable sold separately
- CrossLock for secure and stable broadcasting
- Switchboard for easier connectivity
CrossLock is quite simply the most advanced network management tool on the market today. When used in “bonding” mode, CrossLock gives users the ability to manage and bond multiple data connections together simultaneously. When a new network is introduced, CrossLock will immediately evaluate how much bandwidth is available, while factoring in latency and jitter information, and combine the two connections to take advantage of all available bandwidth. In Redundant mode, all data will be sent over all networks. CrossLock can also monitor each data connection individually and, when necessary, apply appropriate error correction, recovery, or concealment techniques.
ACCESS MultiRack is controlled with an easy-to-use browser based interface. Using any HTML5-enabled browser, you can log-in from anywhere to manage settings, adjust controls, and monitor connections. The page displays connection status, extensive network diagnostics, and audio level meters for remote monitoring. From any location, users are able to configure profiles for various connections with point-and-click connection commands.
Codec Commander is a Microsoft Windows™ application you can use to control your audio codec. You can manage your connections, check statistics, view audio metering, adjust audio profiles or change system settings.
ACCESS is compatible with smartphone applications, including Linphone and Luci Live. Connect to ACCESS from your smartphone quickly and easily for easy drop-ins and spontaneous remotes.
ACCESS is also compatible with FieldTap. A free application for iOS and Android, FieldTap makes it simple to connect with the touch of a button. Plus, FieldTap is compatible with all other Comrex IP audio codecs.
Comrex Switchboard is a feature that allows users to bypass common IP networking snags (like private LANs and firewalls) by routing data through a private server maintained by Comrex.
Switchboard within the hardware codec enables the following functions:
- Comrex codecs can sync with a cloud based server and deliver status information
- Comrex codecs can determine their public IP address and the type of any NAT-style router ahead of the codec, and display that information to the user
- Comrex codecs can display presence, status, NAT info and IP addresses of other codecs within the same fleet
- Comrex codecs can share this information with codecs outside the fleet (Shares)
- Comrex codecs can take instruction from the server on how best to traverse NATs when placing a call between two codecs
Switchboard TS is included in the purchase of any ACCESS codec.
HotSwap allows users to back up studio-to-transmitter links (STL) or other dedicated links with a wireless modem.
HotSwap lets users select a network that will only be engaged if the primary network fails. The system will warn of this status with a contact closure, and automatically fallback to the primary once it’s restored. Fall-over to backup happens in a matter of seconds, and fallback is seamless.
For ACCESS codecs, any supported modem can be used as a back-up.
HotSwap is included in firmware version 4.3, which is available now.