SENNHEISER EW-D EM
Rack receiver for use with Evolution Wireless Digital handheld and bodypack transmitters.
Price excludes VAT
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
Versatile and feature-rich digital wireless system for those who sing, speak or play instruments that allows for seamless product pairing and management via the EW-D Smart Assist App. Receive state-of-the-art live sound.
- Digital transmission operating in the UHF spectrum greatly enhances range, reliability and scalability
- Smart Assist App connects via Bluetooth Low Energy for a streamlined setup and operation at a distance
- Auto scan creates reliable connections with minimal time and effort
- 134 dB audio input dynamic range eliminates need for sensitivity adjustments and preserves every detail
- Elimination of intermodulation enables channels to be placed in an equidistant tuning grid 600 kHz apart
- 56 MHz of tuning bandwidth and equidistant spacing enables up to 90 channels
- 2,240 selectable frequencies allow for fine tuning
- Lithium-Ion battery pack (sold separately) delivers up to 12 hours of operation (up to 8 hours of operation with 2x provided AA batteries)
Raising the bar
Evolution Wireless Digital breaks the boundaries by providing more dynamic range than any wireless system currently on the market. Automatically securing the most reliable signal in a matter of seconds and scalable up 90 channels thanks to 56 MHz of tuning bandwidth, it’s easy to see why this wireless system is in a class of its own
Evolution Wireless Digital features an equidistant tuning grid previously only found in our flagship Digital 6000 and Digital 9000 wireless systems. Quality components with exceptional linearity eliminate intermodulation between EW-D transmitters, allowing frequencies to be equally spaced every 600 kHz alongside each other. This simplifies frequency coordination for wireless beginners and seasoned professionals alike, and also contributes to the system’s scalability and impressively high channel count.
An engineer in your pocket
The power of Bluetooth Low Energy puts full control right in the palm of your hand with the Sennheiser Smart Assist app. Take advantage of a remarkably fast automated setup, mobile access to every system setting and the added benefit of remote monitoring, all from the convenience of your Android or iOS device. Save time, save energy and perform with confidence.
- Frequency range
See variants below
212 x 44 x 189 mm
- THD, total harmonic distortion
≤ -60 dB for 1 kHz @ -3 dBfs input level
approx. 1000 g (without antennas and power supply)
- Current consumption
≤ 300 mA
- Input voltage range
11 – 13 V ⎓
- Transmission power
BLE: max. 10 mW EIRP
- Operating relative humidity
5 – 95 % (non-condensing)
- Audio frequency response
20 Hz – 20 kHz (-3 dB) @ 3 dBfs
- Audio output level
18 dBu max.
EW-D EM Variants
There are different variants covering different frequency ranges. S1-7 corresponds with the UK shared channel 38 license but other ranges may be more appropriate for fixed site licencing or use in other parts of the world.
- EW-D EM (Y1-3) 1785.2 – 1799.8 MHz
- EW-D EM (U1/5) 823.2 – 831.8 MHz & 863.2 – 864.8 MHz
- EW-D EM (S4-7) 630 – 662 MHz
- EW-D EM (S1-7) 606.2 – 662 MHz
- EW-D EM (R4-9) 552 – 607.8 MHz
- EW-D EM (R1-6) 520 – 576 MHz
- EW-D EM (Q1-6) 470.2 – 526 MHz