Audio interface, digital recorder and controller.
£295.00 Price excludes VAT
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
The Zoom R16 instantly transforms any environment into a recording studio. Not only does it offer 16 tracks for recording, it can also be used as a DAW control surface and audio interface, allowing you to craft great-sounding music both at home and wherever your travels take you. The R16 has it all: built-in stereo condenser microphones, 8 mic/line/instrument inputs for connecting external gear, a whopping 135 onboard DSP effects-even a chromatic tuner.
The R16 offers eight inputs on combo connectors which can accept either XLR or ¼” balanced or unbalanced cables. All can handle mic- and line-level signals, and Input 1 can also handle instrument-level signals from passive or active electric guitars and basses. Phantom power of +48 volts can be applied to Inputs 5 and 6, allowing the use of external condenser microphones. There are dual balanced ¼” TRS output jacks and a headphone output with a dedicated volume control.
135 studio-quality DSP effects are provided, including insert effects such as equalization/dynamics processing and send-return effects such as reverb, delay, chorus, flanging, and phasing. In addition, there are guitar amp, bass amp, and mic preamp models, as well as effects specially designed for use on vocals and stereo instruments such as electronic keyboards, plus mastering algorithms such as multi-band compression. Effects can be applied during recording and mixdown, or can be used for playback only.
Just 6 AA batteries-either alkaline or rechargeable NiMH-are required for power. Battery life when using alkaline batteries is more than 4.5 hours, even during continuous recording. Alternatively, you can use the included AD-14 AC adapter, which allows you to power the R16 from any standard wall socket. The R16 can also be powered via USB when connected to a computer.
The R16 records directly to SD cards, with support for both standard SD and SDHC cards up to 32 gigabytes, for a maximum of 100 track hours. Using SD media for recording ensures increased reliability and means that you never have to be concerned about hard drive failure.
The Zoom R16 comes with a free download license for Steinberg’s Cubase LE music production software, providing not just the ability to capture incredible audio in every box, but to do spectacular things with them.
Take your recordings to a more professional level. Steinberg’s powerful and state-of-the-art audio software used by creators around the world now comes with every Zoom R24, R16, and R8 purchase.
- 16-track playback, 8-track simultaneous recording
- Built-in stereo condenser microphones
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB for up to 100 track hours
- Records 16/24-bit, 44.1 kHz mono and stereo WAV files
- Eight mic/line level inputs on XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Input 1 can also be used for Hi-Z instrument-level signals such as electric guitar or bass
- +48V phantom power
- Dual balanced ¼” TRS output jacks
- Headphone output with dedicated volume control
- Built-in metronome and chromatic tuner
- 135 send-return and insert DSP effects, including amp/preamp models and mastering algorithms
- User editing of effects parameters, with 390 patch memories for storage
- Independent level, pan and EQ for each track
- Internal track bouncing and mixdown of multitrack to stereo
- Flexible overdubbing and both manual and automatic punch-in/out
- Loop A/B playback with user-defined start/stop points
- Up to 100 marks per recording
- Invert track phase function
- Divide file editing
- Backlit LCD with contrast control for easy viewing in low-light environments
- 8-in/2-out USB audio interface for Macintosh/Windows computers
- High-definition 24-bit/96 kHz playback capability with DAW software
- Control Surface functionality (Mackie Control emulation)
- Full mixing and transport controls for Cubase, Logic, Ableton Live, and other DAWs
- Two R16s can be synchronized via USB for 32 tracks of playback and 16 tracks of simultaneous recording
- USB bus power
- SD card reader function
- Runs on 6 AA batteries, with alkaline battery life of more than 4.5 hours
- AC adapter included
- Steinberg Cubase LE DAW software included