4-channel audio recorder for DSLR cameras
£274.99 Price excludes VAT
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
The Tascam DR-70D is a compact audio recorder that can be mounted directly between a tripod and the camera or on top of the camera.
Featuring two built-in omnidirectional microphones, the DR-70D provides four XLR/TRS combo jacks that can be used to record four channels of audio. A camera output enables the recorder’s stereo signal to be recorded to the camera’s inbuilt recorder to simplify editing of the material in combination with the slate tone function of the recorder. The camera input can also be used to monitor the audio of the camera using the recorder.
Features of the DR-70D include overload-resistant, great-sounding preamps with switchable low-cut filter and limiter, handling of microphone signals in mid/side format, 24- or 48-volts phantom power for condenser mics, as well as many common and not so common functions that facilitate capturing, monitoring and subsequent processing of the audio tracks.
• Two built-in omnidirectional microphones
• Records to SD/SDHC/SDXC card as recording medium (up to 128 GB)
• Recording at 44.1/48/96 kHz, 16/24-bit, linear PCM (WAV format)
• Broadcast Wave Format (BWF) supported as WAV recording format
• Four XLR/TRS combo inputs with phantom power (+24V/+48V)
• +24 dBu maximum input level (20 dB headroom)
• Switchable low-cut filter conveniently reduces low-frequency noise (40 Hz, 80 Hz, 120 Hz)
• Switchable limiter to prevent clipping
• Selectable mid-side decoding for use with MS microphone setups
• 128 x 64 pixel LC display with backlight
• USB 2.0 port
• Stand adapter (¼ inch) on bottom side to attach the unit to a tripod
• DSLR bracket for easy camera attachment and removal
• Hot shoe mount (accessible when not using the DSLR bracket)
• Handles on the front left and right sides protect the screen and can be used to attach a shoulder belt
• Operates on four AA batteries, an AC adapter (sold separately: TASCAM PS-P515U), external battery pack (sold separately: TASCAM BP-6AA) or USB bus power