Handheld recorder with Wi-Fi capabliites
£262.50 Price excludes VAT
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
The Tascam DR-44WL handheld recorder is the first to include Wi-Fi for transport control, file transfer, and audio streaming to a smartphone or PC. Featuring a set of stereo condenser microphones arranged in a true XY pattern, DR-44WL delivers detailed imaging and phase coherence.
Included in the DR-44WL is a Wi-Fi function for controlling its transport and transferring files to a smartphone or computer, A free DR Control app enables remote control of the recorder from an iOS or Android phone, in addition to controlling the transport and transfers files for instant upload.
Mounted in acoustically-tuned housings, DR-44WL’s cardioid condenser capsules capsules are built to withstand up to 132dB SPL without distortion. A shockmounting system has been integrated for lower handling noise and rumble. The capsules are suspended in a rubber mount that avoids low frequency noises when handheld, mounted on a camera, or used on a tripod.
The DR-44WL features XLR/TRS external input jacks that accept either microphone or line level sources. Balanced or unbalanced signals can be plugged in, at either +4 or -10 levels, using the locking XLR connector or the 1/4″ jack. It supplies 48V Phantom Power for use with condenser or ribbon microphones Both the internal mics and external inputs are used during 4-channel recording, perfect for live recording. The DR-44WL can record both the internal microphones and the external inputs simultaneously for a four-track recording.
A programmable gain amplifier (PGA) is provided to adjust the level of the audio inputs. The mic gain of the circuit is independent from the A/D converter, which provides low noise performance as well as programmable gain (manual, automatic, or controlled over Wi-Fi.) The A/D – D/A chip featured offers both premium audio performance and low power use for longer battery life. The built-in mics and the external inputs both pass through this low-noise audio input circuit.
Dual Format Recording is offered to simultaneously capture WAV and MP3 files to SD/SDHC/SDXC card (up to 128GB SDXC card). This allows you to have instant access to the MP3 file for online sharing, while retaining the uncompressed WAV file master recording for later use.
• 4-track handheld recorder with Wi-Fi functionality, Recording at up to 96kHz/24-bit (WAV/BWF format), MP3 recording
• SD/SDHC/SDXC media supported (4 GB microSDHC card and SD card adapter included)
• Two recording modes: – Normal recording mode (up to 4 tracks) for simple recording / – Professional MTR mode for music creation
• XLR/TRS analogue inputs compatible with +4 dBu line level signals, Improved microphone preamps for higher-quality audio
• Cirrus Logic AD/DA codec with improved audio performance and low power consumption, 24/48V phantom power
• 128×128 graphic LCD with backlight and Built-in monaural speaker (300 mW)
• Wi-Fi connection supports monitoring, transport control, level control, file transfer and more
• Easy Wi-Fi connection with Android, Dedicated file transfer application for Windows/Mac available (with firmware v1.10)
• QUICK menu button shows convenient features for various recording situations
• Dual recording with different level settings or in different formats
• ERI (Extended Recording Information) function for notes on recording settings (with firmware v1.20)
• Reverb effect for acoustic instruments and vocals, Four-position low-cut filter (40/80/120/220 Hz)
• Peak-reduction function, Limiter function for overload protection
• Auto-recording function, Pre-recording function, Self-timer recording function
• Mark function (manual or automatic by peak or by time (with firmware v1.20))
• Input delay function for adjusting distance/time delay differences between external mic and internal mic
• Variable Speed Audition (VSA) (50-150% change of speed), Key changing function with fine-tuning (±6 halftones)
• Divide function (manual or automatic by markers), File delete function
• I-O loop playback function – ideal for rehearsal, Resume function retains the last stop position when power is turned back on
• Track division function creates new files during recording (manual or automatic by time or by level)
• File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or date
• Chromatic tuner and metronome for rehearsal (Metronome in MTR mode available with v1.20 firmware)
• M-S decode function for external M-S microphone
• Punch in/out function in MTR mode, Bounce function in MTR mode, Mixdown function for 4-track recording, Normalize function
• MP3 encoding function to create MP3 files from WAV recordings (with firmware v1.20)
• Stereo-mini headphones/line output with 20 mW output power per channel
• USB 2.0 high-speed file transfer to/from computer, Micro-B type USB connector
• Included accessories: AC adapter, hot-shoe adapter, soft case, hand grip, wind screen and micro USB cable
• Powered by four AA batteries, included AC adapter or USB bus power, Tripod screw socket