SONNOX Fraunhofer Pro-Codec
Auditioning, encoding/decoding of audio with codecs
£295.00 Price excludes VAT
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
The Sonnox Fraunhofer Pro-Codec plug-in enables the auditioning, encoding and decoding of audio with codecs such as mp3 and AAC, making it possible to produce online-ready mixes in real-time.
For the first time, the Pro-Codec enables engineers to use Apple’s iTunes Plus codec for real-time auditioning, making it a powerful, time-saving tool to efficiently mix directly for the Mastered for iTunes programme. Now the exact same clipping behaviour of the iTunes encoding chain can be monitored and levels corrected if necessary, saving time and ensuring high quality output during the mixing process. [iTunes Plus codec included in the Mac version only.]
Also integrated into the plug-in are Fraunhofer’s own AAC and mp3 codecs, including MPEG Surround and multi-channel AAC formats for surround mixing.
The Pro-Codec’s extensive monitoring tools and built-in encoding/decoding features enable mixes to be optimised for specific target formats, ensuring maximum fidelity for final encoding and distribution.
• 64-bit compliant (AU / VST)
• Supported Codecs:
• mp3, Apple AAC iTunes+ [Mac only], AAC-LC, HE-AAC, and HE-AAC v2
• mp3 Surround, MPEG Surround, AAC-LC multi-channel, HE-AAC multi-channel
• mp3-HD and HD-AAC (Lossless Codecs)
• Ability to select up to five codecs for simultaneous export, in real time, to encoded files
• Comprehensive auditioning with glitchless switching
• Ability to audition the difference between input signal and codec output
• AB auditioning in real time between codecs, or between codec and input signal
• ABX mode for blind statistical testing
• Graphical displays include:
• High resolution display of the Input signal and Diff signal.
• Indication of the audibility of audio removed by the encoding process
• Bitstream levels and ability to compensate for overloads
• Indication of filesize or datastream compression
• Phase metering
• Off-line encoding and decoding
• Compatible with many digital audio workstation applications, such as:
• Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Sequoia and Wavelab. (Mac and PC)
• iLok2 required.
Native: RTAS, Audio Units and VST
Mac Intel OSX 10.5 or later / Windows XP or Windows 7