SONNET Allegro USB 3.0 4-Port
USB 3.0 Charging PCI Express card
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
The Sonnet Allegro USB 3.0 4-Port card adds four SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports to a computer system.
USB 2.0 ports are underpowered, offering limiting data transfer speeds to external storage drives at around 25-30 MB/s. Most drives available today include USB 3.0 interfaces and offer significantly better performance than USB 2.0-equipped drives. Though you can connect them to your computer’s USB 2.0 ports, their performance would be reduced by as much as 85 percent.
The Allegro USB 3.0 4-Port card provides extra power through its ports without the need for an auxiliary power cable. Delivering up to 10W of power per port, this Sonnet solution supports USB 3.0 bus-powered hard drives, SSDs, DVDs and Blu-ray devices. It also supports the USB 3.0 charging specification that enables you to simultaneously charge and sync your iPad, iPhone, or other device.
The Allegro USB 3.0 4-Port card features a PCIe 2.0 bus interface to take advantage of your computer’s fast expansion card slots. This card installs easily into any PCI Express (PCIe) slot that supports a full-height card, features hot-pluggable and hot-swappable device connection support with automatic device configuration, and works with all USB-IF compliant USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, peripherals.
The Allegro USB 3.0 4-Port card is ideal for use in any Thunderbolt to PCIe card expansion chassis, including one of Sonnet’s Echo Express or xMac Thunderbolt 2-to-PCI Express card expansion systems, offering full performance wherever you install it – now you can add SuperSpeed USB 3.0 charging connections to any Mac with a Thunderbolt port.
• Adds four USB 3.0 ports to your Mac Pro with PCIe slots, Windows PC, or Thunderbolt-to-PCIe card expansion chassis
• Transfers data up to 10x faster than over USB 2.0 connections
• Supports USB 3.0 bus-powered hard drives, SSDs, DVDs & Blu-ray devices with up to 2.0A per port
• Supports USB 3.0 charging port handshake, and will simultaneously synch and charge iPads and other devices that support USB 3.0 charging at 1.5A per device
• Supports storage, hubs, and other USB-IF compliant USB 3.0 devices; compatible with USB 2.0 devices
• Plug in and disconnect peripherals without shutting off your computer
• Provides maximum performance over Thunderbolt
• Quick and easy user installation into any available PCIe slot of your computer