SONNET Allegro USB 3.2 PCIe 4-Port
USB 3.0 Charging PCI Express card
£49.00 Price excludes VAT
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
The Sonnet Allegro USB 3.2 4-Port card adds four SuperSpeed USB 3.2 ports to a computer system.
Your computer’s USB 2.0 ports are perfectly adequate for connecting mice, keyboards, and printers, but if you need to connect external storage drives, USB 2.0 ports are underpowered in more ways than one—limiting data transfer speeds to around 25–30 MB/s, they can hardly be called “high performance”. Most drives available today include faster USB interfaces and offer significantly better performance than USB 2.0-equipped drives. Though you can connect them to your computer’s USB 2.0 ports, their performance would be reduced by as much as 85 percent! Don’t settle for slow performance—install a Sonnet Allegro Type-A USB 3.2 PCIe 4-Port(1) card to instantly add four SuperSpeed USB 5Gbps ports to your system to take full advantage of today’s drives’ performance capabilities.
The Allegro features a PCIe 2.0 bus interface to take advantage of your computer’s fast expansion card slots. This card installs easily into any PCI Express® (PCIe) slot that supports a full-height card, features hot-pluggable and hot-swappable device connection support with automatic device configuration, and works with all USB-IF compliant USB peripherals.
- Adds USB 3.2 Gen 1 Connectivity—Adds four USB-A 5Gbps ports to your Mac Pro®, Windows PC®, or Linux® computer with PCIe slots; or Thunderbolt™ to PCIe card expansion system
- Speedy Performance—Transfers data up to 10x faster than over USB 2.0 connections
- Super-Powered Ports—Supports USB 3.0 bus-powered hard drives, SSDs, DVDs & Blu-ray devices with up to 2.0A per port
- Charging Ports—Supports USB 3.0 charging port handshake, and will simultaneously synch and charge iPads and other devices that support USB 3.0 charging at 1.5A per device
- Broad USB Device Support & Compatibility—Supports storage, hubs, and other USB-IF compliant devices; compatible with USB 2.0 devices
- Supports Hot-Swappable Device Connection—Plug in and disconnect peripherals without shutting off your computer
- Add USB 3.2 Gen 1 to Thunderbolt Expansion Systems—Add four speedy USB-A 5Gbps ports to Thunderbolt to PCIe card expansion systems
- Easy Installation—Quick and easy user installation into any available PCIe slot of your computer