RME MADIface XT
USB 3.0 audio interface
£1,707.50 Price excludes VAT
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
RME’s MADIface XT USB3 audio interface offers the most audio channels for an interface of its size. A plug and play device, MADIface XT offers unique PCI Express port connects to External PCI Express cards as well as adapters to Thunderbolt, providing all the fastest interfacing technologies available for maximum channel count and lowest latency. It can also be used with USB 2.0 (computer I/O limited to 70 channels).
The MADIface XT’s comprehensive I/O section includes two digitally controlled high-end mic/line preamps, two balanced line outputs and one stereo phones output. Remote control is offered over MADI plus via the TotalMix FX DSP mixer, which provides unlimited mixing, routing and processing. An optional Advanced Remote Control can be connected for desktop operation.
The RME MADIface XT is capable of transferring digital audio data directly into a computer, from any device equipped with a MADI interface. Two Mic/Line inputs provide XLR and 6.3 mm / 1/40-inch TRS connection. They have LEDs for Signal (SIG), Overload (Clip) and phantom power (48V). Channels 3/4 feed the headphone output, which also operates as high-quality unbalanced line output.
The MADIface XT’s display main screen (Global Level Meters) shows the current state of interface mode (PCIe orange, USB 2 yellow, USB 3 blue), the sync state of MADI and AES inputs, and incoming and outgoing MIDI data. The four keys, the two encoders 1 and 2, the high-resolution and clear colour display, and a well thought-out menu structure enable the user to quickly change and configure the device’s settings completely without a computer. The rotary encoder 1 and 2 set the monitoring volume of the rear and front output directly at the device.
The rear panel of the MADIface XT has two balanced analogue outputs, word clock I/O, MADI coaxial I/O, two MADI optical I/O, USB 3 port (compatible to USB 2), PCI Express connector, MIDI/AES I/O, the power socket and a power switch.
• Balanced Line Level Outputs. 2 balanced analogue outputs via XLR.
• Word Clock I/O. BNC
• MADI I/O coaxial: Standard coaxial MADI ports.
• MADI I/O optical: 2 x standard optical MADI ports.
• MIDI I/O and AES/EBU I/O. D-sub connector for the included breakout cable with XLR for AES I/O and 5-pin DIN for MIDI I/O.
• USB 3.0. USB socket for connection to the computer USB bus power is not supported. Compatible to USB 2.0
• PCI Express External PCI Express connector for Molex E-PCIe standard cables.
• Interface for External PCI Express, USB 3.0 and USB 2.0
• Sample rates: 32 kHz up to 192 kHz, variable (Sync/word clock)
• Analogue input gain range: 60 dB
• SNR input: 108 dB RMS unweighted, 111 dBA
• SNR output: 112 dB RMS unweigthed, 115 dBA
• 3 virtual MIDI over MADI I/Os, one external MIDI I/O
• TotalMix: 4096-channel mixer with 46-bit internal resolution
• SteadyClock: super-stable digital clock, highest jitter suppression
• Full stand-alone operation, including MIDI remote control
• Comes with DIGICheck, RME’s ultimate measurement, analysis and test tool