Three-way active studio monitor
£5,750.00 Price excludes VAT
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
As with any PMC loudspeaker, thanks to its super-consistent dispersion and tonal balance, the PMC8-2 may be simply and seamlessly combined with smaller PMC speakers to create larger multi-channel or immersive systems.
The twin bass drivers are partnered with the same PMC55 mid-range tweeter, DSP system and four channels of 400W Class-D amplification used in the PMC6-2. Again, the speaker is configurable directly via the rear panel or using the browser-based SoundAlign™ software from a computer or tablet.
Together with the precisely tuned ATL™ cabinet and hexagonal Laminair™ vents, the PMC8-2 delivers phenomenal performance that approaches that of our Main reference monitors, with smooth and consistent bass response down to 25Hz, a revealing mid-range and wide, stable sound-staging. As with the rest of the range, the PMC8-2’s superb definition, fidelity, dynamics and bass accuracy allow mix decisions to be made quickly with complete confidence, and with no listening fatigue even after long sessions.
PMC8-2s can be upgraded through the addition of a PMC8-2 SUB to create an XBD system, enhancing the system’s bass headroom by 6dB. Dedicated short and taller floor-stands are available for the PMC8-2 and PMC8-2 XBD systems which position them on the ideal listening axis.
- Active 3-way nearfield reference monitor with ATL™ bass loading
- Frequency response: 25Hz – 25kHz (- 3dB @1m full space, on-axis)
- Max. cont. SPL: 113dB @1m (half space value calculated as +3dB from full space measurement.
Unweighted input, 20-20kHz Pink Noise (IEC) with 12dB CF for 2 hours AES2-1984 duration)
- State-of-the-art Class-D amplifiers: HF 400W, MF 400W, LF 2x 400W
- Analogue / AES3 digital input (16/24-bit, 18 -192kHz sample rate)
- Digital ‘through’ output (AES3 24-bit 96kHz
- SoundAlign™ network control interface for single or group EQ & settings
- Sophisticated DSP crossover, driver protection, EQ, and delay/polarity options
- PMC8-2 + PMC8-2 SUB creates PMC8-2 XBD, with up to 6dB of additional headroom
- Optional dedicated floor stands for PMC8-2 (40”) and PMC8-2 XBD (19”)