EVENTIDE H9000 Harmonizer
Network Effects Platform
£6,677.50 Price excludes VAT
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
Next Generation Harmonizer®
Eventide’s flagship multi-effects processor, the H9000, continues our unbroken tradition of delivering industry-leading signal processing power to the pro audio community. The culmination of nearly fifty years of R&D, the H9000 comes loaded with 1600 unique algorithms from recreations of beloved classics to Eventide’s latest and greatest effects. The wealth of included effects will offer users many years of exploration and inspiration.
- Four quad core ARM processors: 16 DSP engines
- Analog audio I/O: 8 channels
- USB audio: 16 channels
- AES/EBU, ADAT, S/PDIF: Up to 8 channels
- Network audio options: 32 channels per expansion card. Three expansion slots for optional audio connectivity. Dante and MADI available
- Hardware Meters: 8 assignable LED meters – front panel version only
- Emote control software app for Mac & PC is available as a standalone app or AAX, VST, AU plug-in
- FX Chains: Innovative approach for setting up and managing complex effects
- Direct I/O: World-class digital audio interface
- Comprehensive Live Controls: MIDI, Expression Pedals, Auxiliary Switches and USB controllers
- Preset portability: Store and recall presets using USB thumb drives
- Network control & software updates: LAN and WiFi connectivity
Legendary Sounds, New Paradigms
The H9000 comes loaded with 1600 unique algorithms from the H8000 and the H9 with over 500 presets covering reverb, delay, modulation, pitch shifting, distortion, and more. Multi-channel algorithms include 5.1 halls, chambers, plates, rooms, booths, and various ambient spaces. Also, the H9000 introduces the concept of FX Chains for connecting any set of four effects with user-defined, flexible routing. FX Chains can be created to act as a channel strip, a guitar pedalboard, a modular synth with effects, etc. The H9000’s FX Chain paradigm is like a custom channel strip on steroids allowing any four complex algorithms to be combined and routed to taste. FX Chains are invaluable for quickly exploring various combinations of effects to achieve new and inspiring sounds.
Emote – Remote Control App / Plug-in
The H9000’s remote control application, Emote, is available for users working ‘in the box’ or over an audio network. Emote is available as a stand-alone application for Mac and Windows and as a plug-in for AAX, AU and VST.
Colossal Audio I/O
With up to 96 channels of simultaneous signal processing and a generous complement of analog and digital audio I/O, the H9000 is the perfect platform for surround sound and for processing many tracks of audio simultaneously. Audio I/O includes: 8 channels of pristine analog audio, 16 channels over USB, 8 channels of AES/EBU, ADAT optical and S/PDIF. Whether you use it live or in a studio, the H9000 gives you plenty of external control options.
- MIDI In, Out and Thru. MIDI Thru allows you to daisy chain MIDI controlled devices.
- 2 1/4″ TRS Inputs – Connect up to four foot pedals or four auxilliary switches or a combination.
- 4 USB Ports – Two on front, Two on back. Connect USB MIDI controllers, save and restore presets from a USB thumb drive, enable WiFi using the supplied WiFi dongle.
The H9000 offers optional network audio I/O via 3 expansion card slots with up to 32 channels of bidirectional audio each.
Pro Tools | HD card
- 2 DigiLink Mini Ports
- DigiLink Connections feature a Primary and a Secondary Port which is switchable between 32- and 16-channel I/O
- LoopSync In and Out connectors
- LoopSync Connections allow you to use Pro Tools to assign the clock source as either the H9000 or another HD device
- 32 In / 32 Out operation from 44.1kHz to 96 kHz
- Includes 12′ DigiLink Mini cable
- Requires H9000 firmware 1.3+
Dante Expansion card
- Audinate Brooklyn II Dante Module based design
- Supports 32 in / 32 out operation at all supported H9000 sample rates
- Sample Rate Clock Sources: Brooklyn II Module, Dante network, H9000
- AES67 Support
- Either 2 Primary and 2 Redundant Networks Connections or 4 Primary Network Connections
- Can reside in any H9000 Option Slot
MADI Expansion card
- Supports full AES5 compatibility
- Sample Rate Clock Sources: H9000 or the selected MADI RX Stream
- 32 In/32 Out operation at 48kHz.
- Optical, Coax or ExpressCard (RME proprietary) connections.
Intuitive, Powerful Interface
The most gratifying comments that we’ve received about the H9000’s interface is that it feels right. Words can’t properly convey what makes the H9000 feel good to use, but we can say a lot of attention to detail went into crafting its interface.
The H9000’s big wheel is custom machined and has been carefully weighted to give it the right amount of inertia when spun. The H9000’s custom designed buttons were chosen for their particular tactile response. And the H9000’s large, crisp color display is driven by a dedicated ARM processor to ensure that the H9000 feels fluid and responsive when used.
The H9000’s core functionality is encapsulated in the four mode keys SESSIONS, FX CHAINS, ALGORITHMS, and PARAMETERS. User presets of Sessions, FX Chains, and Algorithms can be saved and recalled.
Functions in the H9000 act much like Macros in Ableton Live; essentially, they are higher-level groupings of parameters that can be adjusted with a single knob. Up to 8 functions can be created in each FX chain.
Scenes are a high-level function used to control sequenced program changes in the H9000. This mode can be useful when you are using the H9000 in a live environment such as a concert or theatrical production, and wish to “step through” different pre-configured states in a certain order you have set up in advance. For example, the main vocalist in a concert may need different reverb effects and parameter settings at different times during the show; scenes provide a quick, simple way to achieve this.
Direct I/O allows you to use your H9000 as a network attached I/O box, making the H9000’s pristine analog converters available for highest quality analog I/O. Even when you do not require any of the external processing the H9000 can provide, the 8 analog input and outputs, along with their different routing options, allows the H9000 to work as a network-attached patch bay.
The H9000 can serve as your digital system’s master clock or slave to a master clock at sample rates from 44.1kHz to 96kHz.
Presets in Your Pocket
Plug a standard USB thumb drive into any of the USB ports to save or restore your presets. This feature makes your presets portable allowing you to load them into any H9000 in any rack anywhere.
Network Connectivity via LAN or WiFi
Connect your H9000 to your network with an ethernet cable or wirelessly using the supplied USB dongle for connecting to our remote control app, emote, for software updates, for adding new algorithms and more.
The H9000 comes in two versions the H9000 and the H9000R. The H9000 with full front panel . The blank front panel H9000R requires Emote for operating.