Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
World-class mixing for smaller studios
Get the mixing power of industry-standard Pro Tools | S6 in a more compact control surface for budget-conscious pros and smaller audio post and music facilities. Avid S4 boosts your mixing efficiency with the same award-winning touch workflows in a more streamlined, semi-modular surface that provides intelligent DAW control. Whether creating music, designing sound, mixing immersive audio, or teaching audio production, S4 is the perfect fit for any workflow.
Key features and benefits
Accelerate your mix
From editing plugins and writing automation, to performing complex tasks with a single key press, S4 accelerates your efficiency like only an Avid control surface can.
Work with multiple DAWs
Expand your creative capabilities with a versatile solution that accelerates music and audio post workflows across Pro Tools, Nuendo, Pyramix, Logic Pro, Cubase, and other audio software. You can even mix tracks from two different DAWs simultaneously, enabling hybrid mixing.
Customise the surface for your needs
With its compact, semi-modular design, you can configure the surface with up to 24 faders and three additional module options to meet your workflow needs, without dominating studio space.
Get unmatched hands-on control
S4 is EUCON-enabled, providing deep DAW integration and control, so you can mix faster and more intuitively with an ergonomic surface that acts and feels like a physical extension of your software—no matter what DAW you use.
Mix with confidence
Get unprecedented visual feedback of your mix—including Pro Tools waveforms and advanced metering—with support for up to four Display Modules, enabling you to make more informed mixing decisions.
Create Dolby Atmos mixes with speed and ease
Experience the most efficient hands-on Dolby Atmos mixing workflows in the industry when paired with Pro Tools | Ultimate, providing extensive integration for faster project turnaround. Plus, its compact size makes it easy to outfit smaller rooms for immersive audio.
Get comprehensive monitor control
Easily assign and control talkback, listen back, and speaker sources and levels right from the surface to handle everything from simple cue mixes for music recording, to monitoring immersive audio projects.
Customise the surface for post
Add dual joysticks, PEC/Direct controls, and additional assignable knob controls to your surface to accelerate surround and immersive mixing and re-recording workflows.
Get super-simple setup
Get up and running quickly with the fully integrated Channel Strip Module and preassembled frame, streamlining configuration and setup.
Avid S4 modules
Avid S4 is semi-modular, enabling you to configure a control surface with up to three Channel Strip Modules (24 faders max), four Display Modules, and up to three optional modules for your workflow needs.
Core components (included in all Avid S4 configurations)
• Master Touch Module (1)—Get quick access to your mix and control parameters through a tilting 12.1-inch multipoint touchscreen, plus eight adjacent rotary encoders and other dedicated knobs and keys
•Automation Module (1)—Navigate and automate projects easily with a full transport control section with shuttle/jog wheel, a focus fader, automation control, numeric keypad, and other keys and switches
• Channel Strip Module (1–3)—Control track levels, plugins, and other parameters through eight channel faders, 32 top-lit knobs (four per channel), and other keys and switches; up to three can be installed to support a 24-fader configuration
• S4 Frame (1)—Choose from a 3-, 4-, or 5-foot preassembled frame layout for your control surface
Optional modules (add up to four displays and up to three additional options)
• Display Module—Get extensive visual insight into your mix with a high-resolution TFT display that can show everything from channel names, meters, routing, groups, and DAW affiliation, to scrolling Pro Tools waveforms, master meters, and more
• Joystick Module—Mix surround sound and immersive audio projects, including Dolby Atmos and Ambisonics, using dual touch-sensitive joysticks, with TFT and OLED displays, to position sounds with precision
• Post Module—Complete post projects faster with a module that enables you to switch between listening to recorded tracks/stems and their inputs through two rows of 10 PEC/DIRECT paddles to ensure they sound identical before punching in to record
• Attention Knob Module—Add 32 more top-lit knobs to your surface (or 64 with two modules), providing additional assignable controls and visual feedback for adjusting attention track functions, including plugins, EQ, DYN, and pan
Contact an HHB sales representative today to learn about the different sizing and configuration options available for the Avid S4.Contact Us