Broadcast Stereo Headset
£155.00 Price excludes VAT
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
Created especially for on-air news & sports broadcasting, announcing & interviews, this rugged stereo headset offers natural, highly intelligible and focused vocal reproduction, closed-back circumaural (around-the-ear) ear cups to seal out background noise, and a high-output dynamic microphone mounted on a flexible gooseneck boom. The headset’s microphone has a cardioid polar pattern tailored for pickup of speech with maximum voice intelligibility over a wide range of frequencies. It is more sensitive to sound originating directly in front of the element, making it useful in reducing pickup of unwanted sounds. The flexible gooseneck boom swivels for easy positioning on either the right or left side.
Sports commentators like to keep their hands free, when broadcasting events so they can take notes, make statistics, process documents and work with their computers. In many cases, the commentry booth opens out onto an event so that the commentators have a clear view of the action on the ground. However, this causes a lot of ambient noise, especially crowd noise. It is therefore imperative that the headset of a sportscaster is well insulated, and the microphone has an excellent off-axis rejection to avoid unwanted noise. With this in mind, Audio-Technica engineers worked to design the BPHS1 headset which is now highly acclaimed by leading TV channels and professional radio broadcasters.
- Microphone features polar pattern and frequency response tailored for natural, highly intelligible vocal reproduction
- Closed-back circumaural ear cups help seal out crowd noise and other background distractions
- 40mm diameter drivers
- Padded headband adjustable for tailored comfort
- Extended frequency response from 20Hz to 20kHz
- Neodymium magnets in microphone and headphones for high output level & detailed sound reproduction
- Cardioid pickup pattern of the dynamic microphone rejects off-axis sounds
- Boom-mounted microphone can be positioned on the left or right side
- Adjustable cushioned headband and lightweight design for long-wearing comfort
- Rugged design with user-replaceable cable and ear pads
- Available in 2 versions: with detachable 3-pin XLRM cable + 6,3mm Jack (BPHS1) or with a 4-pin XLRF connector for use with Intercom systems (BPHS1-XF4)