500 Series direct input module.
£0.00 Price excludes VAT
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
The API 505 is a 500 Series direct input (DI) module for API lunchbox racks. Based on the design of the API 205L, the 505-DI is optimised for use as a direct input for guitar, bass or keyboard while minimising any loading effect on Hi-Z instrument pickups. The gain control featured on the 505-DI’s acts to normalise an instrument’s input level, up to a +4 dBu output level.
A Tone control knob is also provided to reduce potential low end mud in the signal, while a Bright switch adds clarity. The 505-DI is capable of boosting any instrument to a substantial line level without additional amplifiers. The 100K / 400K Load switch allows the tone of the high frequency content to be altered slightly. A 20 dB Pad is offered to drop the level without loading.
• Wide Range Gain Control with 55dB of gain
• Front Panel Hi-Z Input
• Front Panel Thru routing
• TONE Control helps customise your sound
• BRIGHT Switch boosts clarity and presence
• 10 segment LED VU meter for monitoring output level
• Peak Output LED Indicator
• 20 dB pad switch, applies to mic/line/instrument
• 100K / 400K Switchable Load
• Traditional API fully discrete circuit design
Uses the famous API 2520 and 2510 Op-Amps