ANTELOPE AUDIO Discrete 4 Pro Synergy Core
14×20 Thunderbolt 3 & USB 2.0 Audio Interface
Price excludes VAT
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
The Discrete 4 Pro SC carries the heritage of Antelope Audio’s Discrete line and builds upon it with latest generation AD/DA converters and improved software features. With blazing-fast Thunderbolt 3 and USB 2.0, ultra-low latency performance, and even better effects processing capabilities, the audio interface caters to desktop setups and recording studios alike.
- High-fidelity conversion for detailed sound when recording and streaming audio, and 64-bit AFC™ clocking technology delivering spacious stereo image with distinct separation;
- Four Discrete console-grade 6-transistor preamps on combo XLR jacks for professional recordings. The combo jacks work as microphone/line inputs, and two of them are Hi-Z compatible;
- Four DC-coupled analog line outputs (TRS), a stereo monitor output (TRS), four independent headphone outputs (TRS), ADAT & S/PDIF I/O. All I/O can be used simultaneously;
- 37 Synergy Core analog-modeled effects included and over 60 available as optional expansions. Processed in real-time with imperceptible latency;
- Two routing options are available – standard routing that lets you select audio sources per channel via drop-down menu and virtual patch-bay allowing the execution of advanced input/output routing via drag and drop.
Professional sound quality
The quality A-D/D-A converters and clocking are the mainstay of any professional-sounding audio recording. The Discrete 4 Pro has been upgraded with latest generation converters reaching up to 130dB of headroom on the monitor DAC. As with all of Antelope Audio’s current generation interfaces, the proprietary 64-bit AFC™ clocking provides a new level of detail in your recordings and exceptional stereo image in audio playback.
Transparent is always better
Antelope Audio’s discrete preamp technology is a product of an extensive study of the greatest console preamps in recording history. Designed with a unique 6-transistor topology, the Discrete preamps result in maximum noise reduction and, most importantly, precise sound capture for most transparent recordings.
Advanced features for creative sessions
The virtual routing patch-bay on the Discrete 4 Pro streamlines the routing process, allowing you to route any signal source to any output. Apart from the intuitive routing, the software control panel allows you to create presets, quickly configure mixes with 4 fully independent 32-channel virtual mixers, and more.
With the enhanced processing, you can now add effects on any input source. Create different versions of the same recording with unique effect chains, print them all simultaneously, and even send them to all performers via the four independent headphone outputs. You want to keep everyone in the band happy, right?
Connectivity options of a rack-mount interface
The Discrete 4 Pro SC packs rich connectivity in a small package. Four mic/line inputs, two instrument inputs, four DC-coupled line outputs, a pair of monitor outputs, four headphone outputs, ADAT and S/PDIF I/O are at your disposal. For your computer connection, you have USB 2.0 & Thunderbolt 3 ports. All I/O is available at any time and can be used simultaneously.
Give spice to your recordings
The 37 effects included with Discrete 4 Pro are modeled after iconic studio equipment and can be applied in real-time. The extremely low latency is guaranteed by the option to monitor directly through the interface during tracking and recording. All analog-modeled compressors, EQs and preamps, are processed entirely inside the interface, putting zero load on your host CPU. The onboard Synergy Core processing power enables you to load effects on up to 16 channel strips – this is 4 times as many as the original Discrete 4 SC.
At any time, you can expand your collection by purchasing more analog-modeled effects such as Grove Hill’s Liverpool, and 3rd party effects like Antares’ Auto-Tune.
Conversion & Clocking
- Class-leading AD/DA conversion with up to 130dB of headroom.
- Recording, mixing and playback at up to 24-bit/192kHz.
- Proprietary 64-bit AFC™ (Acoustically Focused Clocking) technology & Jitter Management algorithm delivering increased sound width, separation, and detail.
- 4 × Discrete 6-transistor preamps with 65dB of gain for pristine recordings. All work as microphone/line and two are also Hi-Z inputs, on combo XLR jacks, and supply 48V of phantom power.
- Four DC-coupled analog output channels on TRS jacks.
- Thunderbolt™ 3 and USB 2.0 port with custom macOS & Windows drivers.
- Digitally expandable over ADAT, with up to 8 I/O channels available.
- Digitally expandable over S/PDIF, with up to 2 I/O channels available.
- Two word clock outputs letting you distribute the interface’s highly stable clock signal across your studio.
- Four independent stereo headphone outputs.
- Dedicated stereo monitor output over TRS.
- Direct monitoring with Synergy Core effects, processed in real-time with imperceptible latency.
- Expanded routing capabilities – select audio sources per channel with a drop-down menu sequence or use of a virtual patch-bay.
- Customizable presets with signal routing, level adjustments, mixer and effects settings.
- Four independent mixers with adjustable levels, panning, stereo link and real-time effects. The stereo mixes can be sent to any output, or looped back to the computer for streaming or recording.
- Front panel with main volume knob and buttons for hands-on control of core parameters.
- Option to work without being connected to a computer (standalone operation).
- Wireless control of software features from a separate computer connected to the same network.
Real-time effects processing
- Collection of 37 Synergy Core effects modeled after classic and rare analog outboard gear.
- Synergy Core proprietary onboard platform powered by 2 × DSP & 1 × FPGA chips for real-time effects processing with imperceptible latency.
- Modeling Engine allowing pairing with the Edge line of microphones for real-time use of vintage microphone emulations.