Microphones - Tube
The large diaphragm vacuum tube-based C12 is a fantastic choice for all types of instruments, lending itself especially well to drum overheads, acoustic guitar, and vocals. Its silky smooth top end provides plenty of air without sounding harsh or artificial. Its midrange speaks clearly and articulately, capturing the source with a natural presence. Its low end is tight and focused, perfectly balanced with the rest of the frequency range.
At the heart of every C12 microphone is our coveted CK12 capsule, handcrafted in-house by experienced technicians with meticulous attention to detail. Years of work went into reverse-engineering this legendary capsule design, with backplates machined to match the originals and diaphragms tuned and glued by hand. The amplifier circuit utilizes a German-made Haufe T14 output transformer built to match the original, driven by a microphone grade NOS GE JAN 6072a vacuum tube. Our circuit design builds upon the original with the implementation of cathode self-biasing operation, a configuration which is quieter, more consistent over the lifetime of the tube, and requires less power supply calibration than the original fixed-bias configuration.
Every part of the C12 microphone has been reverse engineered and recreated to preserve the impressive point-to-point construction and aesthetic of the original. This elegant and open design cascades beautifully from top to bottom, revealing every detail of what is truly a handmade instrument. Headgrilles, connectors, capsule mounts, plastic decks and more are all compatible with vintage AKG C12s in need of service. Coveted by an extensive list of professional recording engineers, the TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik C12 historic reissue is an exceptional microphone that will be a treasured addition to your microphone collection for many decades to come.
- Each C12 microphone comes complete with M 910 power supply, M 810 25’ Sommer tube microphone cable, Rycote shockmount, FC10 locking flight case and WB10 wooden microphone box.
- Type: Pressure Gradient Condenser
- Capsule: CK12 - 25mm Edge Terminated Diaphragm
- Tube Type: GE JAN 6072a (NOS)
- Transformer: Haufe T14/1
- Polar Pattern: 9-Pattern Variable including Omnidirectional, Cardioid and Bidirectional
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, ± 3 dB
- Sensitivity: 10 mV/Pa ± 1 dB
- THD at 1kHZ at 1Pa (Amplifier): < 0.25%
- Output Impedance: 250 Ω
- Maximum SPL (for 1% THD): 130 dB
- S/N Ratio: 85 dBA
- Self Noise (Amplifier): 9dBA
- Dimensions: 250 mm L x 42.5 mm Dia
- Weight: 567 g
- Current Draw from Mains: 90 mA
- Power Supply: M 910 - 7 Pin Female XLR Input, 3 Pin Male XLR Output, Polar Pattern Selector
- Cable: M 810 - 25 ft Sommer Cable, Vintage Compatible 8 Pin Female Stand Mount, 7 Pin Male XLR
FC10 - Vintage Style Locking Combination Flight Case, FC10S for Stereo Set
selling price excluding VAT
RRP £2025.00 Ex VAT
Request a quote to receive our best price.
Request best price
Call: +44 (0)20 8962 5000
Or use our online
Add your chosen product(s) to your cart and submit to get a complete quote
If you can't find what you're looking for, and would like to add product(s) not available from the HHB Catalogue.Click Here