Video Production - Video Format Conversion
AJA Io 4K Plus
Professional Video I/O with Thunderbolt 3 Performance
12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0
Today's workflows demand speed, bandwidth and simplicity. Io 4K Plus supports 4K, UltraHD, 12G/6G/3G/1.5G-SDI, Dual Link, HD-SDI and SD-SDI as well as UltraHD and HD over HDMI 2.0 for both capture and output. The HDMI output is also able to accurately display HDR 10 and HLG to support emerging HDR workflows.
12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 bring both power and simplicity to your projects, with the ability to use single cables for both input and output for the most demanding workflows. 12G-SDI is backwards compatible with SDI sources, covering all your bases through a single port. HDMI 2.0 allows high raster and frame rate capture and the ability to display the same to affordable and beautiful HDMI 2.0 displays.
Thunderbolt™ 3 via USB-C
Io 4K Plus provides two Thunderbolt 3 ports for true Thunderbolt flexibility.
Thunderbolt 3 doubles the speed of the previous Thunderbolt 2 standard with up to 40 Gps of throughput and utilizes the universal USB-C connection standard for true simplicity over a single cable and port for today's leading Mac and PC workstations and laptops, ideal for Video and Audio I/O as provided by the Io 4K Plus.
Thunderbolt™ 3 features:
- Thunderbolt™, USB, DisplayPort, and power on USB-C
- USB-C connector and cables (small, reversible)
- 40 Gb/s: Thunderbolt™ 3 – double the speed of Thunderbolt™ 2
- Bi-directional, dual-protocol (PCI Express and DisplayPort)
- 4x lanes of PCI Express Gen 3
- DisplayPort 1.2 – supports two 4K displays (4096 x 2160 30bpp @ 60 Hz)
- Lowest latency for PCI Express audio
- USB 3.1 (10 Gb/s) – compatible with existing USB devices and cables
- DisplayPort 1.2 – compatible with existing DisplayPort displays, devices, and cables
- Daisy chain up to six devices
When working at 4K resolutions, Io 4K Plus outputs a high quality HD-SDI down-converted signal on a dedicated BNC connector. This HD signal can be used to output 4K projects directly to HD recorders for broadcast and for easy viewing of 4K images on HD monitors during post production.
HDR or High Dynamic Range, provides the ability to display a wider and richer range of colors, much brighter whites, and much deeper, darker blacks than standard signals allow. This gives your imagery a more ‘dynamic’ look and allows for natural true to life colors to be communicated to your audience.
Io 4K Plus provides this support for your 4K/UltraHD/2K and HD HDR pipelines to HDMI compatible displays in software v14 with HLG and HDR 10 support with HDR Infoframe metadata, in accordance with HDMI 2.0a/CTA-861.3 and HD.
Embedded 16-Channel SDI and 8-Channel HDMI audio are supported as well as analog audio inputs, outputs or both via a standard DB-25 connection.
Stereo monitoring is also possible with a front panel mini-TRS headphone jack.
With desktop software v14 analog audio can be configured for flexibility when needing to record voice overs and more with the ability to choose how the DB-25 connection on Io 4K Plus is configured:
8-Channel, 24 and 16-bit D/A analog audio, 48 kHz sample rate, balanced, using industry standard 8x XLR on DB-25 breakout cable (cable not included)
Up to 4 channels can be used for input and output each.
AJA hardware is supported by an extensive list of professional software for editing, visual effects, graphics and more allowing the same AJA device to be used by many different applications on the same system. In addition, AJA provides several free applications that enable you to utilize the power of your AJA hardware even without having to run a particular software package. This allows you to create unique workflows without tying up valuable resources unnecessarily.
- Portable 4K/UltraHD and HD/SD capture and playback across Thunderbolt 3
- Backwards compatibility with existing Thunderbolt hosts
- 12G/6G/3G/1.5G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 I/O for 4K, UltraHD, 2K, HD and SD with HFR support up to 60p at 4:2:2
- Real time 4K/UltraHD to 2K/HD down-conversion
- 8-,10- and 12-bit 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 over 12G-SDI or HDMI 2.0 workflow support
- Two Thunderbolt 3 ports allow easy daisy-chaining of up to six Thunderbolt devices
- 16-channel embedded audio on SDI; 8-channel embedded audio on HDMI; 4-channel analog audio in and out via XLR break-out
- Downstream keyer
- Standard 12v 4-pin XLR for AC or battery power
- Compatibility with creative applications including Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer, FilmLight products, AJA Control Room and more
- RS-422 VTR control, Reference, LTC Input
- Headphone jack and level control for mobile environments
- 3-year international warranty
selling price excluding VAT
RRP £2280.00 Ex VAT
Request a quote to receive our best price.
Request best price
Call: +44 (0)20 8962 5000
Or use our online
Add your chosen product(s) to your cart and submit to get a complete quote
If you can't find what you're looking for, and would like to add product(s) not available from the HHB Catalogue.Click Here