8 Channel, 3G/HD/SD-SDI, AES & Analogue Audio Monitor with Dolby Decoder
£4,720.00 Price excludes VAT
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
The AMPx-E8 Series monitors are the world’s first in-rack audio monitors capable of outputting and/or displaying encoded, multi-channel (up to 8 channels) audio from Dolby E®, Dolby Digital®, or Dolby Digital Plus®, streams de-embedded from either 3G/HD/SD-SDI without prior Dolby encoding.
The ability to switch seamlessly between encoded or discretely embedded sources, in addition to providing full, simultaneous demuxed output of the multichannel source, offers a significant new operational capability in a single monitor unit.
These units feature 3 audiophile-quality drivers, and 3 power amplifiers; 2 speakers and amplifiers reproduce midrange and high frequency information in stereo, while a third amp/driver combination handles summed LF information below the 500Hz crossover point.
Extended HF response reveals potential problems with audio whine or hiss and electronic, rather than acoustic, cancellation of bass frequencies provides positive audible detection of reversed polarity audio feeds.
- Front panel summing of any combination of up to 8 channels to the left and/or right speakers and selected analogue outputs
- Powerful 104dB SPL at 2 feet (0.6m)
- Excellent frequency response and low distortion
- Phase correlation display of selected channels
- Eight 53-segment tri-colour LED bar graphs display simultaneous VU and PPM
- Select the channel or channel pair that you want in the left, right, or both speakers, or select a predefined downmix.
- 4 presets let you change the entire system configuration with the press of a single button.
- Separate brightness adjustments for left and right level meters.
- Decodes, monitors, and plays decoded Dolby E, D, or DD+ bitstreams.
- Display phase indication with the press of a single button.
- LED screen displays phase, signal type, (3G/HD/SD-SDI group for the MDA models), Dolby program, and more.