Two channel network recorder/player
£1,157.50 Price excludes VAT
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
The Tascam HS-20 is a professional solid-state audio recorder and player, built for the needs of network-connected installations. Reliable recording and playback can be controlled, accessed, and scheduled from an Internet connection, allowing remote access without visiting the site.
A built-in FTP client and server are included in the HS-20, for either automated or manual file transfer and management. The HS-20 records to either SD Card or Compact Flash media, at up to 192kHz/24-bit Broadcast WAV formats. Balanced and unbalanced connections are available on the rear panel, as well as RS-232C Serial and Parallel connections for wired remote control.
The included FTP client function allows the user to move files using a network computer, or from the HS-20 unit itself. The HS-20 features a touchscreen colour display. The graphical user interface is intuitive and easy to understand. Menus for inputs, outputs, and other settings are simple and on one screen. All parameters can be accessed by touching the screen and changing the settings. Compared to earlier displays that could only show small bits of information, this interface is complete and easy to use.
The HS-20 supports 1000BASE-T Gigabit LAN and uses FTP as its work protocol. It can be accessed from any system, including Windows, Macintosh and UNIX. VNC (Virtual Network Computing) is also supported, allowing a VNC viewer application to operate the system from a computer by viewing the screen shown on this unit’s LCD.
• High-quality stereo audio recorder for professional broadcast and recording applications
• Two operation modes: Timeline mode: Use the unit like a tape recorder
• Take mode: Record/play separate audio takes, use playlists and flash start
• Ideal replacement for current DAT, MD, MO or other recorders
• Easy to read and operate through TFT colour touch screen interface
• Dual card slot for use with SD/SDHC media and CF media (UDMA support), Mirroring over two cards
• Supports WAV format and BWF format with mark function
• Sample rates: 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz at 16/24-bit resolution
• Pre-recording up to 5 seconds (audio is captured before the record button is actually pressed)
• Flash start with optional flash start controller RC-HS20PD or RC-SS20
• Built-in FTP client allows automatic uploading of recorded files to an FTP server or downloading audio files from an FTP server
• Time-controlled execution of tasks such as recording, playback, uploading, downloading
• Locate marker function (auto/manual), Editing fuctions (divide, combine, erase)
• Projects can be exported in AES31 format
• Auto Cue, Auto Ready, Incremental Play and Repeat, Playlist function, Jog/Shuttle function
• 2U rack-mount size
• Balanced analogue inputs and outputs (XLR), Unbalanced analogue inputs and outputs (RCA), AES/EBU input and output