Stereo handheld recorder with Wi-Fi
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
The Tascam DR-22WL handheld recorder is the first to include Wi-Fi for transport control, file transfer, and audio streaming to a smartphone or PC. Featuring a set of stereo condenser microphones arranged in a true XY pattern, DR-22WL delivers detailed imaging and phase coherence.
Included in the DR-22WL is a Wi-Fi function for controlling its transport and transferring files to a smartphone or computer, A free DR Control app enables remote control of the recorder from an iOS or Android phone, in addition to controlling the transport and transfers files for instant upload.
Mounted in acoustically-tuned housings, DR-22WL’s cardioid condenser capsules capsules are built to withstand up to 120dB SPL without distortion.
A programmable gain amplifier (PGA) is provided to adjust the level of the audio inputs. The mic gain of the circuit is independent from the A/D converter, which provides low noise performance as well as programmable gain (manual, automatic, or controlled over Wi-Fi.) The A/D – D/A chip featured offers both premium audio performance and low power use for longer battery life. The built-in mics and the external inputs both pass through this low-noise audio input circuit.
The DR-22WL is equipped with a rotating 8-position Scene Dial with presets for recording instruments, voiceover, and other common subjects. An EZ mode sets levels automatically, and the manual mode allows the user to dial in custom settings. Together with the large LCD display, the DR-22WL couldn’t be simpler to use.
The face of the DR-22WL features a large 128×128 LCD screen that displays meters, settings and other information. Icons at the bottom visually display how the four function keys can be used. A large input knob has a large input level knob is featured on the bottom of the recorder for adjustment of input gain.
• Recording at up to 96kHz/24-bit (WAV/BWF format) & MP3 recording
• Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC media supported (4 GB microSD card included)
• Cirrus Logic AD/DA codec with improved audio performance and low power consumption
• Built-in monaural loudspeaker (300 mW)
• Dedicated file transfer application for Windows/Mac available
• Dual format recording function (WAV and MP3), Overdub function
• ERI (Extended Recording Information) function for notes on recording settings
• Reverb effect for acoustic instruments and vocals, Four-position low-cut filter (40/80/120/220 Hz)
• Automatic Peak-reduction function
• Auto-recording, Pre-recording, Self-timer recording function
• Mark function (manual or automatic by peak or by time (with firmware version 1.20))
• Variable Speed Audition (VSA) is ideal for practice and arrangement (50-150% change of speed)
• Key changing function with fine-tuning (±6 halftones)
• Divide function (manual or automatic by markers), File delete function
• I-O loop playback function – ideal for rehearsal, Metronome for rehearsal
• Track division function creates new files during recording (manual or automatic by time or level)
• Stereo-mini headphones/line output with 20 mW output power per channel
• USB 2.0 high-speed file transfer to/from your computer
• Powered by two AA batteries, AC adapter (available as option) or USB bus-power
• Tripod screw socket