Privacy principlesPrivacy policies can be complicated. We have tried to make ours as clear and as accessible as possible. To help, we have also summarised how we handle your personal information at HHB in our privacy principles below. These principles demonstrate our commitment to protecting your privacy and handling your personal information in the right way and as you would expect it to be handled.
At HHB we:
- Will only ask for or collect the personal information we need to provide and improve the service, products and experiences our customers expect.
- Give you control over the personal information we hold about you to ensure it is accurate and reflects your preferences.
- Make sure your personal information is always secure and protected.
- Are fair and transparent about how we use the personal information we hold.
- Only ever use your personal information for the purpose that you trusted us to use it for.
- Respect your choices and will inform you if there are important changes that affect your personal information or how we use it.
- Take responsibility for the personal information that we hold about you.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information about you in a number of different ways. In this section, we explain the different ways we collect personal information about you and the ways in which that information will be used. For more detail on how we use your personal information, please see the section titled "How do we use your personal information?”
Information you share with us
We collect personal information that you share with us when you contact us or interact with us through our website, email, phone, in person at stands and events, or otherwise. For example, you will provide information to us when you contact our sales team, place an order, register your warranty, or complete a survey.
Through these interactions you may share with us: your name, address, email address, contact number and payment information. In some circumstances, we will need that information to be able to provide you with a product or service that you have asked for; for example, we need your payment information when you buy a product, and your address to deliver it to you. You can also ask us to delete it at any time by emailing our privacy team at email@example.com
We collect and store limited personal information and some anonymous, aggregate statistics from all visitors to our websites, whether you actively provide us with that information or merely browse our websites. The information we collect includes the internet protocol (IP) address of the device you are using, the browser software you use, your operating system, the date and time of access, the internet address of the website from which you link through to our website and information on how you use our websites.
We use this information so that we can see how well our websites are working, how they are used and what users look at most.
As a user of our products or services, we will send you support communications by email. As long as you are happy for us to do so, we would also like to keep you posted on anything that's happening at HHB which we think you might like to know about; whether it’s our latest product announcements, shipping information, or upcoming events, we want to make sure you’re happy with the communications you receive from us. You can find out how to update or change whether you would like to hear from us, or stop us contacting you, in the section below titled ‘Changing the way we contact you about our products, services and support.'
We collect information about how you engage with our emails; including whether they are delivered to you, whether you open them, whether you choose to learn more about what's happening at HHB (for example, by clicking on a link in our email) and if you ask us not to contact you anymore (by clicking on the unsubscribe option included in all our email correspondence).
We use that information by itself and in combination with your customer record (the information you share with us) to make sure that we stop sending you support or marketing communications when you ask us to. We also use it to make our emails as interesting as possible by providing you with content and experiences that we think you will be interested in, based on how you have engaged with our previous emails. You have the right to object to our use of your information for this purpose (see the section below titled 'Your controls and choices'). Social Media
The information we collect from social media and online sites, including Facebook, Twitter and You Tube, sometimes includes personal information that has been put online and is publically available. We make sure any information we use is properly credited to its source or is made anonymous.
These online and social media sites typically have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal information. You should carefully review those privacy policies before you use these sites to make sure that you are happy with how your personal information is being collected and shared. Information we collect at our stands and events
You may share personal information with us when you visit us in person at our stands and events; such as your name, contact details and payment information (see the section above titled "Information you share with us").
How do we use your personal information?
Information you share with
We use the personal information you share with us in the following ways:
- To respond to your queries and requests;
- To communicate with you;
- To provide services and support for our products;
- For customer satisfaction surveys to enable us to identify where service and product improvements can be made and to allow us to improve your experience should you need support from one of our experts;
- To provide updates to you about any changes to HHB’s policies, terms and conditions and any other matters which we may need to tell you;
- As long as you are happy for us to do so, to tell you about our other products and services; and
- To customise and improve the way that you shop with us in the future; for example, by showing you products and offers that we think you might like, both on our websites and on certain third party websites, for example, Google Ads or Facebook Ads.
Information from your
We use the personal information from your online interactions, by itself and in combination with other personal information that we collect about you to identify any part of our websites that aren't working as well as they should be – so that we can fix things and make our websites better for you and other users;
We also want to be able to monitor your use of our websites, and how you engage with our promotional campaigns and advertising online, so that we can:
- Customise and improve the way that you shop with us in future (for example, by showing you products and offers that we think you might like); and
- (as long as you are happy for us to do so) send you
more relevant and interesting marketing communications.
You have the right to object to our monitoring of your use of our websites, and how you engage with our promotional campaigns and advertising online for these purposes. For more information on how to exercise your right to object, see the section below titled 'Your controls and choices'.
Other potential uses of your personal information
We may also use your personal information:
- To assist in any disputes, claims or investigations relating to your HHB product or warranty matters;
- To detect and prevent fraudulent transactions; and
- To comply with our legal obligations
have the right to object to the processing of personal information in this way.
For more information on how to exercise your right to object, see the section
below titled 'Your controls and choices'.
What is our
justification for handling your personal information in this way?
Data protection and privacy laws in some countries require us to have what's called a "legal basis" or "lawful ground" for handling personal information. Broadly, that means that we have to have a legal justification for handling your personal information. For the most part, we need to handle your personal information to be able to:
- provide you with the products or services that you have asked for; and
- for our products, websites to be able to work properly
and to do all the things that you expect them to.
Sometimes, our use of your personal information is not strictly necessary for us to be able to provide you with our products and services, or for them to work properly. In those circumstances, we have what's called a "legitimate interest" in handling your personal information; our "legitimate interest" may be to:
- detect and prevent fraud;
- keep our websites, products and IT systems secure;
- ensure that our own processes, procedures and systems are as efficient as possible;
- analyse and enhance the information that we collect;
- determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and advertising; and
- customise and improve the way that you shop and engage with us in future.
in some, relatively limited circumstances we will need to handle your personal
information in a certain way to be able to comply with our legal obligations;
for example, if we are requested to disclose your personal information to
regulatory bodies or law enforcement authorities.
Ultimately, the reason we handle your personal information in the way we do is so that we can directly or indirectly, improve our products, services and your overall experience of HHB Communications Ltd. as a business. Whatever our justification for handling your personal information (whether it is necessary for us to provide you with a certain product, or it is in our "legitimate interests"), we make sure that we take steps to honour our commitment to protect your privacy.
HHB Contact Promise
We keep our customers posted in various ways, including email, post, social media platforms and by phone, but only if you are happy for us to do so. Ultimately, we want to make sure you’re happy with the communications you receive from us.
We therefore promise to:
- Only send you marketing communications when you have told us it is ok to do so;
- Never pass your personal information to anyone outside the HHB Group for them to use for their own marketing purposes; and
- Give you the option to stop receiving support or marketing communications at any time.
Changing the way we contact you about our products, services and support
We will only send you marketing
communications when you have told us that you are happy for us to do so.
You can change the way that we contact you in the following ways:
Opt-In/Start Contacting Me
To join our mailing lists, you’ll need to fill in a form. Links to these forms can be found online here:
Opt-Out/Stop Contacting Me
If you want to stop receiving marketing or support communications from us (sometimes called "opting out"), you can do so at any time by:
- Contacting HHB stating that you no longer wish to receive such communications;
- Using the unsubscribe option included in all our email correspondence (on all marketing communications), or
- Emailing our privacy team at firstname.lastname@example.org
What Personal Information does HHB share with third parties?
Sharing within the HHB
Most of HHB’s processes, procedures and systems are shared across the HHB Group, which means that we need to share your personal information between us. We make sure that access to your personal information is limited to those of our staff who need it, and that all staff understand how and why we protect your personal information.
Third party service
- Those helping us to deliver products to you;
- Third parties that help us with mailing services, product services and repairs, processing product purchases, financial services, audit services, administrative services, IT technologies (e.g. data storage), security services and insurance claims; and
- Third parties that help us to provide services and responses to you,
Third parties that help us with our advertising and marketing
We want to make sure that our advertising and marketing is relevant and interesting to you and our other customers. That means that we work with third parties, such as Mail Chimp to help us to understand how well our online advertising works, or to reach people who are more interested in HHB products.
How long do we keep your personal information?
The actual period for which we store your personal information will vary depending on the type of personal information and how it is used. For example, we are required by law to keep financial information for seven years.
Your controls and choices
Where possible, we give you
control over the personal information we collect about you, to ensure it is
accurate and reflects your preferences. You have the right to access, update
and amend personal information that we hold about you; you can do that in
relation to some of your personal information in your account. If you would
like to change the way that we contact you, see the section above titled 'How
can you change the way that we contact you about our products, services and
In certain circumstances, you can also:
- Object to our use of your personal information for certain purposes;
- Ask us to limit or restrict our use of your personal information;
- Ask us to correct, remove or delete personal information about you; or
- Ask us to provide your personal information to a third party provider of services.
Please note that those rights
do not always apply and there are certain exceptions to them. We will also need
to confirm identity before acting on certain requests.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information, please email email@example.com
How do we protect your personal information?
are committed to protecting your personal information. We use appropriate
technical and organisational measures, including encryption, to protect your
personal information and privacy, and review those regularly. We protect your
personal information using a combination of physical and IT security controls,
including access controls that restrict and manage the way in which your
personal information and data is processed, managed and handled. We also ensure
that our staff are adequately trained in protecting your personal information.
Our procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before
we share your personal information with you.
In the unlikely event that we do suffer a security breach which compromises our protection of your personal information and we need to let you know about it, we will do so.
HHB’s websites and products are not
directed at children. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from
If you are a child, please do not attempt to become a user of our websites products or otherwise provide us with any personal information. If we learn that we have inadvertently obtained personal information from a child, we will delete that information as soon as possible.
If you are aware of a child who has provided their personal information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will review and update this Privacy
Policy at least once a year and will note the date it was last updated below.
If we have your email address, we may also email you with information on those changes. If we need to, we will also ask you to confirm that you are happy with those changes.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, or would like to make a complaint about how we use the personal information we hold about you, please email , or write to, our Privacy Team, or contact the Data Protection Officer using the contact details below:
Tel: 020 8962 5000
You can also contact the relevant regulator or authority that is responsible for handling complaints about the use of personal information. Within the UK, this is the Information Commission and they can be contacted using the details below:
Information Commissioner's Office
Water Lane, Wycliffe House,
Wilmslow - Cheshire
Tel: +44 1625 545 745
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact our Privacy Team at any time by email email@example.com in writing at C/O The Privacy Team, HHB Communications Ltd, 73-75 Scrubs Lane, London, NW10 6QU.