Pro Tools HD Native Thunderbolt interface
Wednesday 12th September 2012
The Pro Tools HD Native Thunderbolt interface provides Pro Tools HD software compatibility for laptops or computers with Thunderbolt-equipped CPUs or PCIe core cards. The new HD Native interface offers control of up to 256 audio tracks, up to 64 channels of I/O and eliminates the inherent latency problems associated with USB- or FireWire-based DAWs.
The new Thunderbolt interface offers the full Pro Tools HD toolset and premium conversion of Pro Tools HD Series interfaces in a mobile-based hardware solution, while connecting with Pro Tools HD Series interfaces (such as HD OMNI and HD I/O) for capturing and monitoring audio. A built-in high-quality headphone enables the user to monitor mixes straight from the interface. Advanced automation, surround mixing, input monitoring, AFL/PFL solo, destructive punch, and other professional features are also provided.
The Pro Tools HD Native Thunderbolt interface cannot be used as a standalone device; at least one additional Avid interface is needed:
• Choice of Thunderbolt interface or PCIe card
• Lowest latency and highest performance of any native digital audio workstation
• Capture and play back audio using a Pro Tools HD Series interface
• Pro Tools HD software in a lower-cost solution for projects that don’t require the DSP acceleration of Pro Tools|HDX
• Set-and-forget direct monitoring with an integrated low-latency monitor mode
• Audiophile-grade headphone output
• AAX Native and RTAS plug-ins, plus Automatic Delay Compensation on hardware and software inserts
• Share sessions with Pro Tools|HDX and Pro Tools|HD users without any loss of data
• Synchronize to timecode and video reference, with frame-edge accuracy, when using SYNC HD (sold separately)
• Take hands-on control over your mixes using Artist Series or Avid Pro Mixing consoles and control surfaces